Results Estate Agents takes the privacy of its clients’ data very seriously.
• When you visit our website;
• When you provide it to us directly; and
• When provided indirectly via a third party such as a partner company (a referencing company).
WHO WE ARE
Results Estate Agents undertakes a diverse range of activities and where you have provided personal information to us directly we will be the Data Controller, and where we have received your personal information via a third party we will perform the role of data processor on behalf of the data controller.
The Data Protection Officer
Results Estate Agents Limited
26 Bridge Street
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
We may hold and process personal data that you provide to us in accordance with the DPA and GDPR. The information that we collect and store relation to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you and meet our contractual commitments to you.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
• Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, employment status, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
• Contact Data includes home address (previous, current, and forwarding), email address and telephone numbers.
• Property Data includes type, number of rooms, locks, energy usage, easements, keys, utility meter information, service records, insurance documents and mortgage documents.
• Financial Data includes bank account details.
• Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you.
• Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating systems and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the website. Normally you will only provide such details if you complete an online enquiry form or request an instant valuation.
• Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products, and services.
• Marketing and Communication Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Unless we have a legitimate interest, we do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your data in the following circumstances:
Where you have consented to us holding and processing your data for a specific purpose. For example, to provide you with property updates and/or submitting your information to our recommended Solicitors/Financial Advisors upon your request. Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter or have entered with you
For example, when registering you as a new Customer, when submitting your personal information to our referencing provider and/or providing your contact details to a third-party contractor.
Where data is held for you/our legitimate interests (or those of a third party)
For example, to make suggestions and recommendations to you about services which may be of interest to you and/or when asking you to write a review our service.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
To enable us to comply with the law and to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Where you have consented for us to do so, to selected third parties who may contact you about their goods or services that you may be interested in, or require for the completion of our contractual obligations.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to tell us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by unsubscribing using the link in any of the marketing emails we send you. You also have the right to change the permissions that you have given us in relation to how we may use your data, and can do this in the permissions link in any of the marketing emails we send you. You also have the right to request that we cease using your data or that we delete all personal data that we hold relating to you.
You have the right to access your personal information we hold. There is no charge for requesting that we provide you with details of the personal data that we hold. We will provide this information within one month of your requesting the data. You can exercise these rights at any time by writing to us at the address above.